Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WHEN LOCAL COUNCILS GO LOOPY ... IT COSTS


Marrackville Council's selective policies in attacking Israel alone for the conflict in its region by imposing a boycott on products from the Jewish State comes at a cost - Marrickville council: rates, roads, and global affairs.

The Inner West Courier report says that the council which has decided not to concentrate on filling in potholes, collecting the garbage, traffic control, sensible development, tree and park maintenance (all items which a correspondent to the newspaper calls "'front yard' issues that are the realm of local government" has cost ratepayers:

* The attention of 25 staff;

* More than 80 working hours;

* $1235 worth of general manager’s time;

* Time of four senior policy makers;

* Council meeting time.

This is only the tip of the iceberg as the protest movement gathers momentum against Council's loopy conduct and the delusional behaviour of those councillors who consider themselves Australia's version of the United Nations General Assembly.

At least, independent councillor Victor Macri showed that he has kept his head when he stated that the council’s focus on international conflicts has "blown out of control".

"I’ve had residents say to me, 'what the hell are you doing? What’s it got to do with you? You can’t even cut my grass, trim my trees, so how are you going to help this issue, which has been going on for over 100 years?'" Cr Macri said.

Quite!

1 comment:

TBS said...

Good on the residents! I may add to this by saying that I have deliberately NOT bought a cheese product of Marrickville in my local shop.
Not because I hate Marrickville, but I will not support a council that does this to innocent people and acts out of misplaced malice and ideology.